The actor was best known for his role as Nicholas Almain on NBC’s daytime drama Days of Our Lives and also as Eddie Duran in Hollywood Heights. The long-term drinking took its toll, however, and on January 9, 1995, he died from a gastrointestinal haemorrhage, a complication that likely resulted from his years of drinking. He was cremated at Golders Green Crematorium and his ashes were buried in an unmarked plot not far from his Perrins Walk home. Born in Torquay, he attended college in Cambridge and after graduating, created the comedy stage revue Beyond the Fringe.
Dolores O’Riordan was a singer and songwriter known as the lead vocalist for The Cranberries. In 2018, she died of accidental drowning due to alcohol intoxication. Mixing illicit, prescription or over-the-counter medications can be dangerous, and patients should always rule out drug interactions with their healthcare provider. The use of prescription medications with illegal drugs or alcohol can produce an unpredictable and fatal response, and many deaths due to such circumstances may have been preventable.
A filmmaker feared his subject had turned on him. So he staged his own murder
According to reports, Houston took a combination of drugs including Xanax, marijuana, Flexeril, and cocaine. Jackie Wilson, one of the first great rhythm and blues vocalists, was born in 1934. His father was an alcoholic, and Jackie started drinking cheap wine at age 9. In 1975, while performing in New Jersey, he had a massive heart attack followed by cardiopulmonary arrest. He was in a coma for 3 months, sustaining severe brain damage, and remained hospitalized for over 7 years until his death in 1984 at age 49. Each year in July, celebrity tattoo artist Kat Von D looks forward to celebrating another year of sobriety on social media.
Famous and much-loved celebrities such as Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, and Heath Ledger have been the victims of such unfortunate circumstances. While many deaths may be due to misuse of illegal substances, these drugs are not always illicit – and an overdose may not always be intentional. Elphick had a very public sober house battle with alcoholism and at his worst was said to drink 2 liters of liquor per day. His drinking was a contributing factor to the heart attack that killed him in 2002. He developed liver cancer and cirrhosis of the liver in the 1990s due to decades of drinking, and underwent a life-saving liver transplant.
Here are some of the most well-known celebrity overdose deaths. Morrison, the lead singer of The Doors, had developed alcoholism throughout his career to cope with depressive moods and traumatic events because he felt it helped his creativity. Drugs and alcohol took their toll on Morrison, and his performances were greatly affected.
This blog post is dedicated to those famous people who tragically passed away due to addiction. It will take a look at some of these celebrities, and provide insight into their addictions and how these ultimately led to their deaths. Prince died of an accidental fentanyl overdose, the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office said Thursday. The 57-year-old musician joins a lengthy list of celebrities who have died as a result of substance addiction. Prescription drugs, especially the opioid analgesics, now cause more deaths than heroin and cocaine.